First off, you don't need to be a "member" or "subscribe" to make use of the Research Data Network advice, guidance, tools, and so on. All materials placed here are freely available to anyone and all events are open to all those who are interested in Research Data Management.
However, if you want to contribute to the discussions, suggest resources, tools, documents to include or suggest edits to existing materials you will need to register for a readme.io account. Registering is free and can be done "on the fly".
- Add a suggestion/discussion, comment in an existing thread and vote on suggestions/discussions—see How to add a discussion
- Suggest an edit to an existing document—see How to suggest an edit
- Suggest a new tool—see How to suggest a new tool or service
- Submit a work in progress for the community to collaborate on—see How to submit a work in progress draft or rough document to the site
- Submit a completed document as a resource for the community—see How to submit a finalised document to the site
All Pages have a Log In link in the top right corner. To register, click on this link and select the sign up option. (if you try and post a comment before logging in the same dialogue appears).
Enter your details and click on Sign Up.
And that's all there is to it (apart from getting an email asking you to confirm your address). You can edit your "profile" at a future date by logging on with the same credentials on the readme.io web site.
Updated about 2 hours ago